While I run I hope. October

                                                     To change the world

        It starts with one step
However small
             First step is hardest of all 

October started off great. I have been training hard for my long run to the Shrine of Our Lady of Champion. I have never completed such a long run. I'm both nervous and excited! 


I began my long run at 6:00am. I woke up at 3:30am to eat breakfast and then fell back asleep until 5:00am. Keeping my body fueled was key. I had my water and energy gels for the long run. I managed to finish the almost 22 mile run in 3 hours and 56 minutes. I then got to join Fulton and his class for Mass at the Shrine. What a beautiful day!


After my run it became apparent that I had hurt my left foot. I rested my foot quite a bit during this time but soon realized that I would need to take a significant time off if I was going to complete my ultimate goal of 650 miles. This was a difficult decision because I didn't want to fall behind and use my banked miles, but there was just no way I would finish unless I allowed my foot to fully heal. I decided that I would take 5 full weeks off and skip November. I had 48 miles banked from the summer. I used 20.24 miles to bring me to 65 total for the month of October. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

While I Run I Hope September

While I run, I hope. January

While I run, I hope. November/December